Hello, everybody! I know it’s been a long time since I last posted, but the final few weeks before I move are here so things have been pretty hectic lately. Thank you everyone for being so understanding (especially you, Brooke!). I was recently nominated by the lovely Abby over on abbyuppington.blog for the Mystery Blogger Award! Thank you so much for nominating me for my first blogger award! Your kind words are too much! I’m excited to do this blog tag because it’s my first time doing something like this. Anyways, let’s get started!
“This is an award for amazing bloggers with indigenous posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog, tell your readers 3 things about yourself, nominate people, notify your nominees by commenting on their blog, ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice and share a link or links to your best post or posts!
Message of Thanks
Thanks to the wonderful Abby for nominating me! This is my first nomination for a blogging award and participating in any event within the blogging community, so I really appreciate it!
Three Things About Me
- I can fluently converse in the English and Korean languages. I took Mandarin Chinese lessons when I was younger and also took French in high school, but I’ve forgotten the majority of what I learned since I don’t regularly speak them at home.
- I’ve traveled to six countries (United States of America, South Korea, Canada, England, France, and North Korea).
- I can play seven instruments! I’ve played the piano since I was a wee lass of age six and the flute since age ten. I picked up the oboe in eighth grade, and from there I also learned the English horn, vibraphone, piccolo, and ukulele. Bonus fun fact: I was in the marching band all four years of high school!
Questions from Abby
- What makes you happiest?
I am happiest when I am able to bring happiness to others. I know; such a cliché answer. However, I tried to think about what brings me happiness, and even though traveling and things like that make me happy, I believe that my heart is fuzziest when I can bring a smile to my parents.
- When did you start your blog and why?
I started my blog two years ago during the summer of 2015. I’ve wanted to blog for a long time, and I thought it would be fun to start off by writing about my daily adventures during my summer vacation in Korea to share with friends back home.
- What inspires you?
Great travel pictures really inspire me because they leave me thinking about all the things I have not seen and tried. Amazing travel photos fill me up with a sense of wanderlust and leaves me yearning to venture out of what I already know.
- What is No.1 on your bucket list? There are so many things I want to do, but realistically, as of now, I want to teach English in South Korea for a few years after I receive my bachelor’s degree in business administration and marketing. Teaching English doesn’t really have to do much with my major, but it’s something I’ve been wanting to do for years and I don’t want to live life with any regrets.
- What is your favorite band/musician?
My favorite band is FT Island. FT Island is a South Korean band that plays a range of music from soft ballads to heavy rock. I really enjoy listening to their soft music, but I’m happy that they are finally able to write their own songs and do the music they want to do after fighting against their record label for nine years. Good on ya, mates!
My Favorite Post
I generally love posting about my travels most, but I’d have to say that my favorite post so far is my review of the Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector in Prismatic Amethyst, which you can read about here. I remember checking the Sephora app one day and being super excited about this product because I saw it on launch day. I knew I wanted to share swatches of it on my blog. Since it was a new item, there weren’t many swatches at the time, which led many people to check out my blog. I think it is still my most viewed post to this day. It’s what got my blog rolling, so it holds a special place for me.
Although the original rules were to select ten to twenty to nominate, I’m fairly new to the blogging community so I only have a few nominees. I’d like to nominate the following:
- Brooke Clarke for her constant dedication and diligence put into her blog, and also for the kindness she spreads around within the blogging community
- Little Mayfly for her personal blog posts that are such a delight to read
- Natalie Breuer for her amazingly aesthetic photography and vintage feel blog that seems to truly share her inner thoughts with us
Do check these blogs out! They are filled with such great content!
My Questions for the Nominees
- What fuels your drive for blogging?
- Do you ever feel pressure to put out a post?
- If there is one moment in time you could relive but not change, what moment would that be?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of eternity, what would be your top choice of food that you are confident you would not get sick of (no variations either! For example, if you choose pizza, you can only have one type of pizza for the rest of your life!)?
- If you had to choose one city to live in for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Another thank you to Abby who kindly nominated me for this award. Everyone please visit her blog! She shares fun reviews of beauty products, recipes, and other content! Also, please take a look that the blogs of those I nominated! Last but not least, thank you to Okoto Enigma over at okotoenigmasblog.com for her efforts on the Mystery Blogger Award and helping those in the blogging community become more involved and inclusive.
Until next time,